Monday, April 28, 2008

The Abandoned - Unborn Childs




My hair is black, my eyes are brown Mommy,
you'd love having me around It's early yet,
the month is one Though you can't see me yet,
I've just begun One month later,
the month is two I'm still but a part of you
Time is passing the month is three
I'm getting to be someone as you can see
Still so small that I don't have to hide
I'm just a little seed inside
You'll love me mommy,
just wait and see i'm going to make you proud of me....
But seems you don't want to see me,
....I've got a new home now,
the month is seven Mommy didn't want me,
so now I'm in heaven It's so beautiful,
but now I'm gone I have no memory to carry on
If I were still there now the month would be eight
I was murdered by my mommy's own hand
I guess this is too young to understand Good-bye mommy,
the month would be nine I could've been living just fine
Although I'm in heaven, I still have to cry
Because of mommy, I had to die.


The girl-child is discriminated against from the earliest stages of life, through her childhood and into adulthood. In some areas of the world, men outnumber women by 5 in every 100. The reasons for this discrepancy include harmful attitudes and practices, such as female genital mutilation, son preference, early marriage, violence against women, sexual exploitation, sexual abuse, discrimination against girls in food allocation and other practices related to health and well-being. As a result, fewer girls than boys survive into adulthood


Why are actually people killing the girl child or abusing them? I don’t find a single valid reason myself for this attitude towards the girl child. I would like to give a call especially to those mothers who being the woman themselves tolerate this kind of abuse towards there own female child? Some woman, being educated and empowered enough yet desires for a male child and so sometimes kills the female embryos. I question a Mother’s heart who is selfish enough to kill her own child? Some women are even crueler that after giving the birth to their child they leave them abandoned at several places to let them die unmercifully. Killing female embryos is an unacknowledged practice in Indian Society. Everyone knows it’s a crime and against the morals of humanity too. Yet it continues in all the parts of India and no one goes against it.. Every hospital is displaying a board saying that they don’t determine the sex of a embryos, but within there hidden limits they actually continue doing this and couples keep killing the to be girl child. I was so stunned and shocked by the recent incident which came through a news channel to me. The news said that ‘Stray dogs located a baby girl abandoned under mud and leaves in north eastern India and their barking alerted some rescuers.’ How disheartening it sounds? Can a mother’s heart really allow leaving the child in such a manner? The next incident similar to it mentioned ‘A newly born girl was found abandoned near an apartment at west Delhi, barely few hours after her birth, the girl was just 3 hours old.’ Just imagine that helpless child, 3 hours old, why did she didn’t got a chance to be by her mother’s breast? Why is she different from other children, who after 3 hours are in the care and loving arms of her mother? Why was she not able to get the affection of family, care of father? Just because she was a girl or because she was a result of immature relation? She had the same innocent face, those two little eyes and the same desire for her mother, what fault did a mother found in her to leave her unattended in such a manner? At least a mother should always give fight for her child in whatever manner possible. Even if the kid is a result of immature relation and she had to get rid of it, she should be responsible enough to put the kid in safe hands. There are many couple in the country who are childless, who are investing time and lot of money to get a child. Some are taking support of religion, prayers and still not able to get a child. There are that couples who are willing to even adopt a child, but just due to the complication in legal formalities they are not able to get kid. A mother who is not able to accept the child due to the problem in society can even find those couple and leave their child in those safe hands. If not the couples there are several NGO’s developing in the country that could help such a mother. Though no one can give proper affection and care as real mother to a child, still its better option to find NGO’s rather then leaving your child on the road, in jungles and in dustbins. I think the woman and our country need to rise up and join hands for saving girl child. They say a woman is capable of doing lot more then a man and a mother can fight to any degrees for her child. Still why a woman is appearing as so helpless or I rather call it cruel to throw away their child, abandon them?

It’s really a serious question, seeing the ratio of girl child comparative to boy child is on the fall line. Girl child needs the attention of the world, they needs to be taken care of, they needs equal love.

With this write-up I like to call all those people who are not willing to accept their own child and willing to throw away, contact me at
ritu@shayeri.net and We will find the way out, we will talk and give the responsiblity of the child to someone who is really willing to take it. Kids are the gift of God, they are blossom of your gardens, and they are the future of the country. Don’t dump them in such a manner, that they would hate the relation called MOTHER. Love them even if you can’t take their responsibility, you can leave them in safe hands and I guess that won’t be so hard for any mother.

I also encourage supporters from around the world to meet up and join hands to save the girl child or any abandoned child, for which parents are not able to take the responsibility.

No comments: